Alejandro Suarez Sanchez-Ocana. TIME-sector employer since 1998, CEO of Group Publispain and the network of blogs Entertainment Networks SL, President of Inversora Foley, director and Founding Partner of Yes.fm, adviser and investor in several companies for innovation, new technologies and the Internet.
Sorry for the license, because obviously I'm not anybody to choose the best post of the year, but if I feel like in my first December as a blogger, be able to choose post 10 Internet / technology / seo / advertising that I have drawn attention and have made me think I hope you like them
(are arranged without any predetermined order, as is I have come to mind and I think most of them are timeless and can be read at any time).
Of course many will post that may be on this list, and I do not know or have forgotten
If you share in the comments that you add would be perfect for everyone! (thanks!)
Soon we begin to launch a publicity campaign for online Yes.fm and we want to use unconventional partly formats such as Advergaming.
I teach in preview to see that he looks like a flash game of pinball Yes.fm based on a very cool, in which scores are recorded and the Top 3 of the week receive a free weekly subscription to Yes.fm, amid the Item you can get codes for payment of 1 day or 1 hour.
To do this you have to go through the upper ring of the game, the words "Get" 5 times for payment of 1 hour, and 10 times for 1 day. I admit that I was the only 1 hour and a half viciao'm here playing.
Try it and see what you think! You'll see my score test is tomorrow ... I'm in this package.
(NOTE: You can take a while to load depending on your connection, it is 1 MB, if you read from the Feed and want to play you should go here)
Every day the media are focusing more on the draft Yes.fm, which we thank them for all of us in the team Yes.
Soon we start an unconventional campaign online, where we hope to bring much more than Yes to all Internet users, within our communication strategy, which now begin to devote more resources.
We are presenting music to Yes.top a list from Yes.fm sample the musical tastes of the more than 450,000 unique visitors who visited in November Yes.fm.
This monthly list is an asset that makes it different from the traditional lists. It is not a list imposed by the industry, nor voted on by users (the final vote en masse clubs fans, record companies for promotion etc), nor is a list of sales with bias that this entails, is a list of actual consumption: what users freely have heard for 1 month without cheating or cardboard and without any hidden interest.
We waited until this point to get our monthly list because it was important to have a sufficient critical mass. And there is, because as I mentioned before approximately 450,000 users have used Yes.fm in the month of November and that makes us very happy because we have only 2 months-intensive and justitos in fact been met yesterday day on December 9.
This is the Yes.top November:
Yes.top in Spanish
1. Amaia Montero wants to be,
2. Amaral Sunday afternoon Rara
3. Clash by Making Do,
4. Bunbury There are very few people,
5. Nena Daconte Both had to give yourself
6. Pereza I Casings
7. Juanes Hate For Love,
8. Canto del Loco Peter Pan,
9. The Ear of Van Gogh Immortal
10. Revolver Time Small --
1. Katy Perry I Kissed a girl,
2. Beyonce If I Were A Boy
3. Coldplay Viva la Vida,
4. Pink So What!
5. Britney Spears Womanizer,
6. The Killers Human
7. Craig David Walking Away (feat. Alex Ubago)
8. The Tin Tings Great DJ
9. Dido Do not Believe in Love
10. Seal If you do not know me by now
This weekend, like every month, I bought the magazine Capital, one of my favorites and also one of the few who prefer to buy paper rather than reading on the internet.
On this occasion I was attracted by far the front page "Special: 100 Projects that Spain will grow."
I started ojearlos one to one with a lot of attention, numbered 1 to 100. These are research projects, development and technology that will change and improve the nation's course.
The first, incredibly, had not heard of it, is a project that 1979 that the Government has resumed and it is communicated through the underground AVE Spain and Morocco, a high-speed underground tunnel in 2025 reported that Europe and Africa.
It is one of the most incredible ever planned and technically complicated, because this is one area, close to the huge flows. 40 km of tunnel in both directions, which would be 28 km below the seabed. Amazing.
Other projects mentioned were the "AVE on water," water transfers from France to lift the AVE to all the Spanish provinces, windmills aquatic projects to aircraft batteries, storage under the sea of natural gas next to the Balearic Islands, eco-housing projects, the ADSL 100Mb, Silicon Valley Spanish in Malaga, the national library in the network, such as macro computers from IBM Mare Nostrum in Barcelona ... a pass.
Obviously for us, we launched a few months ago 2 Yes.fm this kind of recognition, like the prize FICOD 2008, which gave us two weeks ago passed the Minister Sebastian, are very important and encouraging to continue working on the project at the foot of the canyon.
As part of the strategy of communication Yes.fm have begun working on social networks.
I firmly believe this new vehicle of communication, which if it works well and consistently able to establish an excellent channel of communication between users and the staff of any company.
In the beginning our presence will focus on Facebook, Tuenti, MySpace, a video channel on YouTube and a user of Twitter. I think to start are the key points, but if anyone thinks that we let ourselves be somewhere in the air, I'd love to know.
The idea with which we work, and I think that is important is that channels are dynamic and offer new options for the user, run competitions, online events, weekly musical premieres, to encourage the community where we make off portal and exclusive promotions for members Channel; I am particularly concerned that not only are promotional vehicles, but they bring added value to the user trying to get better the more people are sitting around in these channels Yes.fm social media.
I understand that in the coming years we will see flourish dozens of agencies and departments within large companies dedicated to creating community and developing value-added content and promotion within this new type of media.
What power does this have? Suffice it to say that the account of the president-elect of USA, Barack Obama would have continued during the American elections more than 1,700,000 friends on facebook, which provides real-time communication within this social network. Of course it is an extreme case, but today an example to follow.
I have much personal interest in developing these initiatives. I am a user of facebook and twitter, but on a personal level. We have never launched an online campaign and for our products in all these new media social media. I hope we can make them grow and give added value. Create them and take them abandoned half is ridiculous, we must be very active in them and it is a work of hormigita , Working on medium and long term.
If you are a user of these nets canals here are newly created, I hope you snagging one of them, and they're starting to upload content.
If you want to download in pdf to read the full article, you can do from here
In today Frédéric Terri, Director General of Yes.fm officially picked up the prize from the hands of the Minister Miguel Sebastian in the auditorium of the Congress and Exhibition in Madrid.
Le accompany the delivery of prize Christophe Cassand, Oscar Mendez, Kiko Fuentes and myself.
The sixteen companies awarded prizes FICOD 2008, which recognize the most innovative companies in the market, were ADNStream, alt1040, Bluevista, Bubok, CMY Multimedia, ColorIURIS, Digital Legends Entertainment, Donkey Xote, Electronic Arts, Enne Entertainment Studios, Merlin, Tehrani, OrbitaMax, Tog, and Tuenti Yes.FM
We are deeply grateful both to Red.es as to the jurors, the recognition of one year and a half of work until dark to have been able to draw, with great effort, Yes.fm market 8 weeks.
Congratulations to the whole team, which is growing day by day, which makes possible the draft Yes.fm, but that is not starting.
I've a few days wanting to write for money and the din € ro, it may seem the same, but it is not.
A few days ago, an entrepreneur and that I continue to recommend whose blog, Jaime Estevez, commented in a post on this blog, Why I am not going to invest in your project, something very interesting and I hope that has developed in his, "The reasons that I do not want your money. "
I have been fortunate in my dual role of investor and entrepreneur to be my own investor in the moments needed. That is a plum. Out there have been many valid entrepreneurs with good teams and good projects that have fallen on the road because the financial partner was not to be.
It is very important, especially in the early stages of the project, where financial needs are limited by the funds needed to go no more (tempting), nor less, but values and allow you to choose who brings the necessary money. The entrepreneur should -- Yes, sometimes it is something utopian-power to elect their first investors.
We are talking about early stages, in the long term if the project grows and continues, not only will you be able to allow that luxury initial, but the money becomes impersonal.
What is money?
It is the gasoline, is a necessary evil. It is something that evening to early you need but you should not dump all your efforts in achieving. But it comes with added value, it comes with the know-how. If you're looking for money in a Business Angel sector, you'll need to refuel the gasoline, but to look out at the gas station because it will be the additional value and the key that opens doors for you and you will win a lot of time.
- Work: get under way, you're not standing 6 months because there is no funding. There are a thousand and one thing that can possibly be doing in those months: test, development, to create a business structure, a team ... Take advantage of the opportunity cost, gaining time, the Internet is a sector immediately, not create a power point "and the pasta , "Because if you see an investor sees that and that's what you've done, not going to believe in yourself as an entrepreneur.
- Invest: We must sweat shirt, literally. Do not you come with an investment of € 0 to xxx.xxx without asking anything you've invested. On your way you think you should pass on the project and that you, in your capacity you have invested in it. For me it makes far more value the entrepreneur who has invested part of their savings, or has requested an appropriation for the project. You can not pretend that the money you put others, you have to be the first to mojarte if you want to be created in you.
- Select: Not all business angels, investors in general and venture capital funds and Family Office are for everyone. Plantéate stages, especially put your focus on profiles of people, not all the money is the same! Personally, it is best to start with an investment of one or more business angels in the sector, you will be able to help not only grow but with its know-how, networking and synergy with other projects to be able to shoot the project.
If you like this capital contribution as the Venture Capital (almost impossible in the initial phase), a Family Office or a Business Angel, you have a problem, are things that have nothing to do, all useful and valid and all led to a different time of the project.
- Permítete a luxury: Do not accept the first proposal of investment you arrive. The goal is not to get money, get to attract money is a necessary evil for the good of the project, permítete reject abusive conditions or profiles that are not ideal and does not bring value to your idea or company.
And what is the din € ro?
- The din € ro is money but a brutal, dizzying, but no more value added. A refueling of gasoline to the beast and then "bye Lucas," again soon, you do well and get me revenues. That's not disrespectful!, Is a phased project and will need them if you go too far.
- On stages in which to shoot the growth of a mature, you will need to din € ro beast, even at the international level. Rate it solely as a financial investment, is another criterion for selection, are purely financial transactions.
- Do not be intimidated money. The money is superb at times and often intimidating. Saca quítate chest and that pressure will prevent bad times. A few years ago, an average company, which wanted to buy one of my companies, which in the end it is not sold, the food started reunion-ending in a tender with a "we have 500 million euros for acquisitions in the sector." Laugh, tell them the truth "only you have that; din € ro, and that they have many, not just you." Take off the pressure if you're at that stage and especially if you come to find, to bring it to them. Do not lose your thinking, keep a cool head and not get mad at you not ask lame or more of what you need, at times, it loses the entrepreneur and always ends up repenting.
Those who know me know that sometimes I can have a tremendous bad coffee and be very acid. Today we played because the topic turns to me.
No, I do not want to speak too much of Ketek as a product, the new draft Telefonica Moviles, but for those who want to know the service I recommend you read the post of Loogic about it. Only I will say that I've tested, and it seems to me technically accomplished But a glimpse of the past have all the colors to create it, and that should still have many problems in technology. Apart from that I do want to say that our flagship company, Telefonica, should think someday be the greatest player in Internet company in Spain and the reference is late.
Of course few people will say this, and will be heard thousands of praise, is what has become the first advertiser in the country, which hosts whatever you do "with great affection" and impact (come on, that will hopefully follow through box).
Arriving late, and never wrong, is not new, rather it forever, so if novelty is that it also comes at an unfortunate moment. It is once again evidence of work done badly, and now I might mention the wrong strategy and failed Internet at Telefonica in the past 10 years, talk of Terra Lycos and a thousand small projects ... but that's all we know.
What is said is that Telefonica Moviles discovered in 2009 near the model of Facebook, Tuenti and Second Life and because we are adding the mobile platform. A company like Telefonica should have been at day 0 of Tuenti support, and captains participating the project and they would have received with open arms, but this should have happened 2 years ago.
Gentlemen, District C; taken by me crazy, but I will tell you that the Internet is more than just sell ADSL lines, and it should be something much more relevant to you and represents the future of your company.
Returning to Ketek, has been involved in this project until the bee Maya, and of course have spent mega-bill among others Betybyte (eye, I have good concept of them), Openwave, Nec, Accenture, Tilenus and Telefonica's own R & D , To "create a service aimed at an audience of between 14 and 35 years, supported by the strength, quality, customer management and market knowledge" (juas, juas).
And the marketing should be less cumbersome to launch a competition to see who dinner with Paris Hilton, and spent 200,000 euros or 300,000 in a slapstick way.
What I think is the flipante media campaign that launch, sell the project as "The Community of the Good Roll," and as a creative level of portrayed are so ridiculous; to have produced thousands of images of clown noses-green , Hell, but what corporative was the blue huh? - And grace is that the community's good cheer is to make a little goose with a green nose. ¿Funny? Well, I do not know, so if you think it is launching an online campaign (unconventional finally!), A base of millions of banners and buying massive post sponsored to prescribe the service, and sell "the community of good cheer" while they are preparing a ERE, through which fired 10% of the workforce, some 500 people next month, it sounds the least bit appropriate.
Sure that the press agency forgets to include this post in the press clipping
PS: Hey! Of good cheer, amiguetes ... and without nose green!
It's pretty cool and Bernardo already warned that bears his serial number for the entire apparatus so as not to "lose"
(sorry for the photos, are with the iphone and almost no light)
At this time back to Madrid on the AVE and I take the time to the appalling food that today serve for a change; D to write a brief summary of the Forum i Start Ups of First Tuesday which was held last night in which I was a member of jury.
This was an experienced pilot, hosted by First Tuesday from Carlos Blanco and Amaia Helguera, and as such should be understood, as an experiment to see if there is space for initiatives of this type using the platform of First Tuesday in Madrid and Barcelona
We heard a 7 entrepreneurs "sell" their draft informally over 6 minutes and respond to questions from Business Angels, Family Offices and risk capital.
Finally, the jury voted with 1.2 and 3 points its 3 projects favorite and the result was:
I would like to comment aloud, some thoughts around my head on the experiment and on the entrepreneurs and what they showed. They are personal opinions, and such sobnre entrepreneurs, the jury is not unanimous, each person is a world.
- I hope not break any off the record if I recognize that the 3 winners and was only voted in last position of my votes with 1 point to Sponsor an Artist, which I think is an original idea, viable, that is underway and that if adapts his model to the path of digital distribution of music (eye!, which were not very covered) can succeed.
- My votes were for Pomelo.tv that almost nobody else did not vote but I understand. This is a model of shared broadcast in streaming based on p2p retransmitted allowing all kinds of online events. They want 5 million Euros (which is science fiction -1 and 2 tb are science-fiction right now and said those numbers aloud in public rub provocation), invested in a technological model today without agreement and with no customers. Lo said, CONAE, I understand that no one will vote. And because if I did?, For a very simple reason, to this technology, because if they enter into another way of implementing it and are removed from the head pretending to be a distribution channel for major chains and international film producers and base it on advertising, I applied and profitable. I can get to like the idea, with another approach more realistic and less "global conquest of the world"
- The other project that was voted Worth Idea, in this case at some point surealismo, because I thought it much more enterprising than to the idea and the project. I believe that more should outline the business model and put the focus on form REAL in the monetization, but to me she thought, I liked it and as I said before, for me to know the entrepreneur and creérmelo is critical, far more than the IDEA. In that line I saw Lluis Faus and Carlos Blanco, agree on the same impression. In addition she insisted she did not want to count too much in public for fear it will replicate the idea. Great paradox indeed when it comes to a platform that seeks to disseminate ideas, and although cost meterselo in the head, the key is the computer and implementation, the ideas are free and replicable. If you can not compete against your own idea into other hands, your project does not work.
- I collided several things. Except Bubok, which in my opinion it was "out of competition", the remaining projects were in a very early stage, and that's perfect, but everybody talked about its international expansion? . There are good presentations that are lost in these grand words. Do not these barely under way, you are not on the market, your model has not yet successfully validated, those asking for money and you start talking to expand internationally and conquer the universe.? It was something common in all projects. A I do not like, you credibility. AH! And translating a website into English or French is not expand internationally.
In fact, I remember in 10 years more than 20 or 30 Spanish companies in the Internet that have expanded outside of Spain in a real and successful. If your day 0 me talk about conquering the world, believe me, grit.
- All the entrepreneurs talked about money. "Gasoline" is certainly necessary, but I chirría otherwise, nobody is talking about or if you want to set money from a Business Angel and Venture Capital, and are things that have nothing to do. For me, as an entrepreneur, very important to define what kind of money you want, and talk of synergies. Present one of the main Business Angels in the sector, expecting a nod to "something more than money." There are people who primarily provides money, and other people who can deliver the same, more or less but with other added values. Nobody talked about these added values only of money, and from my experience I can assure that these added values, synergies with companies , Have certain level of networking with partners is much more important than the check you receive, and can open many doors to your project. That's not disrespectful to the Risk Capital, is simply that I think are different stages and levels, to assemble and develop your business will need more help than just money.
- Times: I think to sell your company, project or idea in 6 minutes is very little. , Vicente Arias , etc… es una oportunidad única, quizás jamás te reciban personalmente, debes “morir matando” y vender hasta el último suspiro tu proyecto. No puedes usar 3 minutos y se acabó. Then you finish in 3 or 4 I find it incredible because you have people in front of the stature of Louis Martin Cabiedes, Alejandro Santana, Axel Serena, Lluis Faus, Eneko Knörr, Vicente Arias, etc ... is a unique opportunity, you might never receive personally, must "die to kill" and sell until the last breath your project. You can not use 3 minutes and it's over. If you are not yourself passionate about selling your idea in public, do not you notes to do it.
On the format:
At dinner later, as Carlos says today, discussed the ideal format, if this format is used to evaluate a project.
I think that is something for which I was most useful, so you can see, without the Fillers of a power point even enterprising live, fend off questions and explain their project with his chest out. For me, serves to define whether there is "wood enterprising" and that I have always advocated that is basic before sitting down to do a project, which if not believe in the team and the entrepreneur does not make sense.
Por supuesto que de FT no saldrán inversiones, lo que saldrán es impresiones y contactos y creo que puedo asegurar que varias reuniones posteriores en las que puede salir posibilidad de negocio. Me pareció un foro distinto y útil, más informal y menos encorsetado, compatible con los actuales, pero quizás gustó más a lo Business Angels que a los representantes del Capital Riesgo.
Hoy viajo a la hora de comer a Barcelona para participar en el I foro de Start Ups organizado por First Tuesday . Tengo el placer de ser uno de los miembros del jurado que valorará a 7 startups.
El jurado está compuesto por gente muy destacada de internet, Business Angels, y emprendedores:
Los 7 finalistas que expondrán sus proyectos son :
Algunos son ya viejos conocidos como Bubok, de Angel María y otros representan como Apadrina un Artista, modelos de negocio nuevos que llegan desde USA y Francia. ¡Veremos que sucede esta noche!
Tags: Antonio Ortiz , Antonio Santana , Apadrina un artista , axel serena , bubok , Carles Ferrer , Carlos Blanco , Didac Lee , Emilio Marquez , Eneko Knorr , Gonzalo Carod , Jose Antonio del Moral , Lluis Faus , Luis Font , luis martin cabiedes , Monazen , Noemi Gomez , Pomelo Tv , Ricard Soderberg , Roberto Saint-Malo , Rodolfo Carpintier , Roni Mascaro , Sergi Mora , Unlocked Voice , Vicente Arias , Webtool , Worthidea
Las ideas, los proyectos y los emprendedores deben darse cuenta de algo que es más importante de lo que creen; deben aprender a comunicar.
Hay varios eventos de emprendedores esta semana, uno en Sevilla (EBE) y otro en Barcelona (Foro de Start Ups). Ahora mismo escribo desde el EBE, estoy aquí tempranito, no hay mucha gente en busca de una idea ilusionante o un proyecto donde invertir. La novedad de este año es la presentación de video de los proyectos.
Hay 2 tipos de emprendedores, el que monta su proyecto y tiran para delante, y el que busca financiación y apoyo económico. Viendo las presentaciones del sábado por la mañana en el EBE las presentaciones de los emprendedores, que modera Emilio Marquez, me han venido unos pensamientos a la cabeza.
Ahora mismo estoy viendo un proyecto sobre libros colaborativos. El proyecto llamado SoapBook, puede ser una idea novedosa e incluso puede tener un buen mercado, pero creo que les falla la comunicación. Personalmente creo que es importante aprender a venderse y comunicar, sobre todo si lo que quieres es precisamente eso; “venderte” darte a conocer, captar financiación y/o interés del sector.
Es decir, lo que no puedes poner es un video a las 10.00 con música estridente cuando todo el mundo esta medio dormido un sábado por la mañana, lo que no deberías hacer es presentar un proyecto en beta privada, a no ser que invites a los asistentes, todos con su portátil delante a probarlo con una clave, lo que no puedes es decir “que tienes varios proyectos de negocio en la cabeza” es decir que no tienes ninguno claro, y finalmente lo que no puedes es desaprovechar tus 10 minutos.
Finalmente no creo que trasmita seguridad “vender un proyecto” en el cual ni siquiera tienes una sociedad montada, sino lo que tienes es una idea. Personalmente creo que viene bien curtirse en estos eventos, pero que hay que llegar más trabajado,.
10 minutos es poco y es mucho a la vez. Hay gente que logra comunicar en 10 minutos, que comunica bien, que vende y que sabe trasmitir, pero también pueden ser larguísimos e inútiles si no puedes vender tu proyecto, transmitir ilusión, proyección y seguridad. En eso fallamos mucho los emprendedores españoles.
Y creéme, es importante.
Me ha gustado más Ipoki , me había hablado de esta startup un amigo hace tiempo y aunque no le había dedicado mucho tiempo, si que me ha gustado. Recuerdo que estaba viendo un proyecto similar del que me habían mirado un Business Plan, y alguien con mucho criterio, me recomendó ver Ipoki. Tras verlo, deseché invertir en esa startup que valoraba el Business Plan.
Me cuesta un poco ver el modelo de negocio como oportunidad económica real, pero este chico tiene claro lo que está haciendo, si no se vuelve muy loco con los costes y necesita rentabilizar a día de hoy creo que es un proyecto con futuro. Creo mucho en la geolocalización, pero hay que buscarle una mayor utilidad que la de poner un mapita con donde estás en tu blog. Hay mil una aplicaciones de seguridad, de ocio y otras que vendrán en las que se puede trabajar.
Mi única pega: el hablar de expansión internacional en España en un proyecto que aun no está posicionado. Step by step my friend
El emprendedor me ha gustado, y creo que ese es un asunto critico. Le prestaré más atención a su web y lo testearé a fondo. Tiene buena pinta si se encuentra un modelo de negocio claro, y unas nuevas aplicaciones con enfoque más de economía real.
Es una herramienta de analisis, en la url www.analisisdemedios.es ¿? El nombre de Smmart me parece muy complicado, y no guarda relación con la url. Me suena algo rebuscado.
Lo enfocan como herramienta para agencias, para bloggers, una herramienta de diagnostico SEO y SEM. Lo probaré, no me parece muy interesante como modelo de negocio y startup pero si podríamos ser clientes de este tipo de servicio si es tan efectivo como lo venden. Podria ser útil como herramienta de comparación y seguimiento de competencia .
A esta empresa la conocí hace tiempo y me pareció una iniciativa interesante y con futuro. De hecho ayer precisamente conocí a Isabel Sabadí en las oficinas de Yes.fm porque estamos viendo nuestros desarrollos de Widgets para el proyecto de Yes.
La idea es poder llevar widgets y música a los blogs, y que los usuarios puedan compartir sus propias playlist, asi como ver las posibilidades de desarrollar alertas de escritorio para poder poner un player en el escritorio de los usuarios.
Isabel dice “tuvimos suerte, y para convencer de que podría funcionar, tuvimos que desarrollarlo”. Me parece muy acertado, hay que desarrollar cosas y “enseñar la patita” y por estos lares es bastante habitual “vender” proyectos y pedir dinero para comenzar sin haber desarrollado ni demostrado que eres capaz. Creo que es un punto clave, para que por ejemplo WidGadget lograra en su día su primer cliente; el Ayuntamiento de Barcelona.
Creo que Isabel conoce perfectamente su sector y su trabajo. Lo tiene claro, desarrollan soluciones de futuro, y tienen una valor añadido claro, así como clientes que respaldan sus aplicaciones.
No se ha podido ver el vídeo. Una putadilla porque se ha colgado.
Es un servicio para conocer amigos por telefono móvil. Antes era un servicio de geolocalización que no funcionaba, por lo que lo modificaron ¿?
Hoy han abierto Mobifriends la beta privada (bien hecho aprovechar el EBE para abrir y comunicar). Es complicado posicionarse en chat y dating como sectores, pero puede ser un valor añadido a empresas de dating posicionadas.
El blog de Alejandro Suarez.