Alejandro Suarez Sanchez-Ocana. TIME-sector employer since 1998, CEO of Group Publispain and the network of blogs Entertainment Networks SL, President of Inversora Foley, director and Founding Partner of Yes.fm, adviser and investor in several companies for innovation, new technologies and the Internet.
Every day the media are focusing more on the draft Yes.fm, which we thank them for all of us in the team Yes.
Soon we start an unconventional campaign online, where we hope to bring much more than Yes to all Internet users, within our communication strategy, which now begin to devote more resources.
Well, that, if this is not boot after last summer that seemed to last for 5 or 6 months already, or are they simply the desire that I have.
With the crisis many noticed a stop in TIME sector in August, all the usual com years, but a minor revival of the sector in September, especially in online advertising. We are going to continue to do everything seemed.
I recall a dinner in late October with a friend, Internet marketing manager at one of the top3 media groups in Spain, told me that between scared and impressed, which in September had been a crash at the height of August and in October had just taken off 15% on that level, something never seen. I also remember some, and at least 3 good friends that story by budget cuts in most cases have been dismissed from their companies in the last 3 months. For some of them I have repositioned in my company, unfortunately, not all three. Is the most humane and tougher in this situation so rarefied.
It is curious, but it's real, and affects everything in the sector have been very arrogant before the arrival of the crisis in the early months with arguments like "ICTs are not playing this time, the industry is much more mature for years, or online advertising will grow well but are plummeting around the world. " Nobody uses these arguments already, and I think the chances are you will change the course of months earlier than the others.
I see in recent weeks many reasons for hope within the industry and I see everything on reactions after the scare, companies that really get to work past the shock. I hope you are not simply a result of the seasonality that makes everything worth in December and will have to finalize the approved budgets over a year ago.
At the macroeconomic level see the oil barrel to $ 47US (eh! That was 3 months 150US $!!), Euribor down from 3.7 for the first time in 3 years, the European Central Bank cut as ever, and warned that will continue to do so, the price of money ... if they are only indicators, but affect our lives in the medium term and suggest that this fall will rebound a few months and everything will improve.
I personally believe that the negative unemployment will continue to fall to rise in 2009 mainly because the measures that have been taking and macroeconomic numbers are slow to move into the real economy and even employment should fall quite why (there are pessimistic scenarios that speak of nearly 4 million unemployed in Spain before the summer). But I am confident that after a particularly harsh January and February, just before the summer is the obvious pick.
I, as stated in the past few weeks I see around me that has been taken in the frenetic pace of agreements, investments, and future plans that were a little frozen. We for our part we have allowed only 1 project in the freezer for an item politically, and I feel sorry because I had a lot of hope and hope in the power taken up in brief, is the project of Madrid.net for which we will not have as many funds as anticipated and will have to rethink a bit. In return will launch 2 subsidiaries that were not planned and that I will announce, the first in January and we already intense 1 months working on it.
I hope this is not a mirage and that this in 6 months to go up rapidly. We are going to get from gasoline and the products we prepare betting that it is. We were the first to take precautions real, and I would be the first to join take-off, as this is a tremendous competitive factor, it is always easier to accelerate when it goes under way, than having to turn the car in that moment.
I hope I do not make mistakes.
We are presenting music to Yes.top a list from Yes.fm sample the musical tastes of the more than 450,000 unique visitors who visited in November Yes.fm.
This monthly list is an asset that makes it different from the traditional lists. It is not a list imposed by the industry, nor voted on by users (the final vote en masse clubs fans, record companies for promotion etc), nor is a list of sales with bias that this entails, is a list of actual consumption: what users freely have heard for 1 month without cheating or cardboard and without any hidden interest.
We waited until this point to get our monthly list because it was important to have a sufficient critical mass. And there is, because as I mentioned before approximately 450,000 users have used Yes.fm in the month of November and that makes us very happy because we have only 2 months-intensive and justitos in fact been met yesterday day on December 9.
This is the Yes.top November:
Yes.top in Spanish
1. Amaia Montero wants to be,
2. Amaral Sunday afternoon Rara
3. Clash by Making Do,
4. Bunbury There are very few people,
5. Nena Daconte Both had to give yourself
6. Pereza I Casings
7. Juanes Hate For Love,
8. Canto del Loco Peter Pan,
9. The Ear of Van Gogh Immortal
10. Revolver Time Small --
1. Katy Perry I Kissed a girl,
2. Beyonce If I Were A Boy
3. Coldplay Viva la Vida,
4. Pink So What!
5. Britney Spears Womanizer,
6. The Killers Human
7. Craig David Walking Away (feat. Alex Ubago)
8. The Tin Tings Great DJ
9. Dido Do not Believe in Love
10. Seal If you do not know me by now
As part of the strategy of communication Yes.fm have begun working on social networks.
I firmly believe this new vehicle of communication, which if it works well and consistently able to establish an excellent channel of communication between users and the staff of any company.
In the beginning our presence will focus on Facebook, Tuenti, MySpace, a video channel on YouTube and a user of Twitter. I think to start are the key points, but if anyone thinks that we let ourselves be somewhere in the air, I'd love to know.
The idea with which we work, and I think that is important is that channels are dynamic and offer new options for the user, run competitions, online events, weekly musical premieres, to encourage the community where we make off portal and exclusive promotions for members Channel; I am particularly concerned that not only are promotional vehicles, but they bring added value to the user trying to get better the more people are sitting around in these channels Yes.fm social media.
I understand that in the coming years we will see flourish dozens of agencies and departments within large companies dedicated to creating community and developing value-added content and promotion within this new type of media.
What power does this have? Suffice it to say that the account of the president-elect of USA, Barack Obama would have continued during the American elections more than 1,700,000 friends on facebook, which provides real-time communication within this social network. Of course it is an extreme case, but today an example to follow.
I have much personal interest in developing these initiatives. I am a user of facebook and twitter, but on a personal level. We have never launched an online campaign and for our products in all these new media social media. I hope we can make them grow and give added value. Create them and take them abandoned half is ridiculous, we must be very active in them and it is a work of hormigita , Working on medium and long term.
If you are a user of these nets canals here are newly created, I hope you snagging one of them, and they're starting to upload content.
Those who like me, have more than 10 years on the internet we remember well, and at least I nostalgically of the garage project.
The concept, imported from USA as always we came to pass that talent, the idea (increasingly obsolete) and the execution could do that from a small village in Arkansas, 2 amiguetes in their spare time after school, do something important on the Internet and build a project that could reach the world. It was as real as utopian, on the Internet "you can be the Corte Ingles"
In Spain there was not really so many projects, but if in USA. Many of the companies on the Internet concerning the end of the 90 were born literally in a garage. People like Bill Gates or Steve Jobs started well, literally.
Years ago that the romantic concept of the garage has fallen into disgrace. I guess that was predictable and that is equal to healthy, but these "garage projects" have not disappeared, have been transformed.
What in the year of'98 was an idea, a computer, a small footprint and killed a few hours of programming, creativity, probaturas and work with excitement, today is a power point or at most a pdf and a string of visits to Business Angels, Family Offices, Risk Capital and several events.
I do not want to prejudge or clear position, but if you do a little thinking out loud and hear your opinion:
Did not we spend time now to "find the money," literally, when 10 years ago, nor the previous generation was raised to conduct a Business Plan initially, but what they wanted was to start proving its concept, its execution (with its media, often rudimentary), and his ability?
At the end of the 90 kids were young, often pre-university students who were putting up its project. Today, entrepreneurs rarely look younger than 24-25 years, almost always having finished or close to finish the race, that "must leave" to find life, but not before. With generational change we have not delayed the timming?. Would it be a total change; of concern to the necessity of yesteryear?. Those guys from the institute, under 20 years old, and they had created their project forward, no longer exist?
And finally, if the crisis closes the tap of money, what effect will these pdf and Powerpoint circulating like crazy table in table?. ¿Exacerbate the ingenuity that lack of liquidity?. That is to say, will come back to the garage?
Not if you come back to that point, but if you think that if it were, in some ways would have more charm.
If you want to download in pdf to read the full article, you can do from here
I've a few days wanting to write for money and the din € ro, it may seem the same, but it is not.
A few days ago, an entrepreneur and that I continue to recommend whose blog, Jaime Estevez, commented in a post on this blog, Why I am not going to invest in your project, something very interesting and I hope that has developed in his, "The reasons that I do not want your money. "
I have been fortunate in my dual role of investor and entrepreneur to be my own investor in the moments needed. That is a plum. Out there have been many valid entrepreneurs with good teams and good projects that have fallen on the road because the financial partner was not to be.
It is very important, especially in the early stages of the project, where financial needs are limited by the funds needed to go no more (tempting), nor less, but values and allow you to choose who brings the necessary money. The entrepreneur should -- Yes, sometimes it is something utopian-power to elect their first investors.
We are talking about early stages, in the long term if the project grows and continues, not only will you be able to allow that luxury initial, but the money becomes impersonal.
What is money?
It is the gasoline, is a necessary evil. It is something that evening to early you need but you should not dump all your efforts in achieving. But it comes with added value, it comes with the know-how. If you're looking for money in a Business Angel sector, you'll need to refuel the gasoline, but to look out at the gas station because it will be the additional value and the key that opens doors for you and you will win a lot of time.
- Work: get under way, you're not standing 6 months because there is no funding. There are a thousand and one thing that can possibly be doing in those months: test, development, to create a business structure, a team ... Take advantage of the opportunity cost, gaining time, the Internet is a sector immediately, not create a power point "and the pasta , "Because if you see an investor sees that and that's what you've done, not going to believe in yourself as an entrepreneur.
- Invest: We must sweat shirt, literally. Do not you come with an investment of € 0 to xxx.xxx without asking anything you've invested. On your way you think you should pass on the project and that you, in your capacity you have invested in it. For me it makes far more value the entrepreneur who has invested part of their savings, or has requested an appropriation for the project. You can not pretend that the money you put others, you have to be the first to mojarte if you want to be created in you.
- Select: Not all business angels, investors in general and venture capital funds and Family Office are for everyone. Plantéate stages, especially put your focus on profiles of people, not all the money is the same! Personally, it is best to start with an investment of one or more business angels in the sector, you will be able to help not only grow but with its know-how, networking and synergy with other projects to be able to shoot the project.
If you like this capital contribution as the Venture Capital (almost impossible in the initial phase), a Family Office or a Business Angel, you have a problem, are things that have nothing to do, all useful and valid and all led to a different time of the project.
- Permítete a luxury: Do not accept the first proposal of investment you arrive. The goal is not to get money, get to attract money is a necessary evil for the good of the project, permítete reject abusive conditions or profiles that are not ideal and does not bring value to your idea or company.
And what is the din € ro?
- The din € ro is money but a brutal, dizzying, but no more value added. A refueling of gasoline to the beast and then "bye Lucas," again soon, you do well and get me revenues. That's not disrespectful!, Is a phased project and will need them if you go too far.
- On stages in which to shoot the growth of a mature, you will need to din € ro beast, even at the international level. Rate it solely as a financial investment, is another criterion for selection, are purely financial transactions.
- Do not be intimidated money. The money is superb at times and often intimidating. Saca quítate chest and that pressure will prevent bad times. A few years ago, an average company, which wanted to buy one of my companies, which in the end it is not sold, the food started reunion-ending in a tender with a "we have 500 million euros for acquisitions in the sector." Laugh, tell them the truth "only you have that; din € ro, and that they have many, not just you." Take off the pressure if you're at that stage and especially if you come to find, to bring it to them. Do not lose your thinking, keep a cool head and not get mad at you not ask lame or more of what you need, at times, it loses the entrepreneur and always ends up repenting.
Those who know me know that sometimes I can have a tremendous bad coffee and be very acid. Today we played because the topic turns to me.
No, I do not want to speak too much of Ketek as a product, the new draft Telefonica Moviles, but for those who want to know the service I recommend you read the post of Loogic about it. Only I will say that I've tested, and it seems to me technically accomplished But a glimpse of the past have all the colors to create it, and that should still have many problems in technology. Apart from that I do want to say that our flagship company, Telefonica, should think someday be the greatest player in Internet company in Spain and the reference is late.
Of course few people will say this, and will be heard thousands of praise, is what has become the first advertiser in the country, which hosts whatever you do "with great affection" and impact (come on, that will hopefully follow through box).
Arriving late, and never wrong, is not new, rather it forever, so if novelty is that it also comes at an unfortunate moment. It is once again evidence of work done badly, and now I might mention the wrong strategy and failed Internet at Telefonica in the past 10 years, talk of Terra Lycos and a thousand small projects ... but that's all we know.
What is said is that Telefonica Moviles discovered in 2009 near the model of Facebook, Tuenti and Second Life and because we are adding the mobile platform. A company like Telefonica should have been at day 0 of Tuenti support, and captains participating the project and they would have received with open arms, but this should have happened 2 years ago.
Gentlemen, District C; taken by me crazy, but I will tell you that the Internet is more than just sell ADSL lines, and it should be something much more relevant to you and represents the future of your company.
Returning to Ketek, has been involved in this project until the bee Maya, and of course have spent mega-bill among others Betybyte (eye, I have good concept of them), Openwave, Nec, Accenture, Tilenus and Telefonica's own R & D , To "create a service aimed at an audience of between 14 and 35 years, supported by the strength, quality, customer management and market knowledge" (juas, juas).
And the marketing should be less cumbersome to launch a competition to see who dinner with Paris Hilton, and spent 200,000 euros or 300,000 in a slapstick way.
What I think is the flipante media campaign that launch, sell the project as "The Community of the Good Roll," and as a creative level of portrayed are so ridiculous; to have produced thousands of images of clown noses-green , Hell, but what corporative was the blue huh? - And grace is that the community's good cheer is to make a little goose with a green nose. ¿Funny? Well, I do not know, so if you think it is launching an online campaign (unconventional finally!), A base of millions of banners and buying massive post sponsored to prescribe the service, and sell "the community of good cheer" while they are preparing a ERE, through which fired 10% of the workforce, some 500 people next month, it sounds the least bit appropriate.
Sure that the press agency forgets to include this post in the press clipping
PS: Hey! Of good cheer, amiguetes ... and without nose green!
It's pretty cool and Bernardo already warned that bears his serial number for the entire apparatus so as not to "lose"
(sorry for the photos, are with the iphone and almost no light)
At this time back to Madrid on the AVE and I take the time to the appalling food that today serve for a change; D to write a brief summary of the Forum i Start Ups of First Tuesday which was held last night in which I was a member of jury.
This was an experienced pilot, hosted by First Tuesday from Carlos Blanco and Amaia Helguera, and as such should be understood, as an experiment to see if there is space for initiatives of this type using the platform of First Tuesday in Madrid and Barcelona
We heard a 7 entrepreneurs "sell" their draft informally over 6 minutes and respond to questions from Business Angels, Family Offices and risk capital.
Finally, the jury voted with 1.2 and 3 points its 3 projects favorite and the result was:
I would like to comment aloud, some thoughts around my head on the experiment and on the entrepreneurs and what they showed. They are personal opinions, and such sobnre entrepreneurs, the jury is not unanimous, each person is a world.
- I hope not break any off the record if I recognize that the 3 winners and was only voted in last position of my votes with 1 point to Sponsor an Artist, which I think is an original idea, viable, that is underway and that if adapts his model to the path of digital distribution of music (eye!, which were not very covered) can succeed.
- My votes were for Pomelo.tv that almost nobody else did not vote but I understand. This is a model of shared broadcast in streaming based on p2p retransmitted allowing all kinds of online events. They want 5 million Euros (which is science fiction -1 and 2 tb are science-fiction right now and said those numbers aloud in public rub provocation), invested in a technological model today without agreement and with no customers. Lo said, CONAE, I understand that no one will vote. And because if I did?, For a very simple reason, to this technology, because if they enter into another way of implementing it and are removed from the head pretending to be a distribution channel for major chains and international film producers and base it on advertising, I applied and profitable. I can get to like the idea, with another approach more realistic and less "global conquest of the world"
- The other project that was voted Worth Idea, in this case at some point surealismo, because I thought it much more enterprising than to the idea and the project. I believe that more should outline the business model and put the focus on form REAL in the monetization, but to me she thought, I liked it and as I said before, for me to know the entrepreneur and creérmelo is critical, far more than the IDEA. In that line I saw Lluis Faus and Carlos Blanco, agree on the same impression. In addition she insisted she did not want to count too much in public for fear it will replicate the idea. Great paradox indeed when it comes to a platform that seeks to disseminate ideas, and although cost meterselo in the head, the key is the computer and implementation, the ideas are free and replicable. If you can not compete against your own idea into other hands, your project does not work.
- I collided several things. Except Bubok, which in my opinion it was "out of competition", the remaining projects were in a very early stage, and that's perfect, but everybody talked about its international expansion? . There are good presentations that are lost in these grand words. Do not these barely under way, you are not on the market, your model has not yet successfully validated, those asking for money and you start talking to expand internationally and conquer the universe.? It was something common in all projects. A I do not like, you credibility. AH! And translating a website into English or French is not expand internationally.
In fact, I remember in 10 years more than 20 or 30 Spanish companies in the Internet that have expanded outside of Spain in a real and successful. If your day 0 me talk about conquering the world, believe me, grit.
- All the entrepreneurs talked about money. "Gasoline" is certainly necessary, but I chirría otherwise, nobody is talking about or if you want to set money from a Business Angel and Venture Capital, and are things that have nothing to do. For me, as an entrepreneur, very important to define what kind of money you want, and talk of synergies. Present one of the main Business Angels in the sector, expecting a nod to "something more than money." There are people who primarily provides money, and other people who can deliver the same, more or less but with other added values. Nobody talked about these added values only of money, and from my experience I can assure that these added values, synergies with companies , Have certain level of networking with partners is much more important than the check you receive, and can open many doors to your project. That's not disrespectful to the Risk Capital, is simply that I think are different stages and levels, to assemble and develop your business will need more help than just money.
- Times: I think to sell your company, project or idea in 6 minutes is very little. , Vicente Arias , etc… es una oportunidad única, quizás jamás te reciban personalmente, debes “morir matando” y vender hasta el último suspiro tu proyecto. No puedes usar 3 minutos y se acabó. Then you finish in 3 or 4 I find it incredible because you have people in front of the stature of Louis Martin Cabiedes, Alejandro Santana, Axel Serena, Lluis Faus, Eneko Knörr, Vicente Arias, etc ... is a unique opportunity, you might never receive personally, must "die to kill" and sell until the last breath your project. You can not use 3 minutes and it's over. If you are not yourself passionate about selling your idea in public, do not you notes to do it.
On the format:
At dinner later, as Carlos says today, discussed the ideal format, if this format is used to evaluate a project.
I think that is something for which I was most useful, so you can see, without the Fillers of a power point even enterprising live, fend off questions and explain their project with his chest out. Para mi sirve para definir si hay “madera de emprendedor” y eso siempre he defendido que es básico antes de sentarse a ver un proyecto, que si no crees en el equipo y el emprendedor no tiene sentido.
Por supuesto que de FT no saldrán inversiones, lo que saldrán es impresiones y contactos y creo que puedo asegurar que varias reuniones posteriores en las que puede salir posibilidad de negocio. Me pareció un foro distinto y útil, más informal y menos encorsetado, compatible con los actuales, pero quizás gustó más a lo Business Angels que a los representantes del Capital Riesgo.
Hoy viajo a la hora de comer a Barcelona para participar en el I foro de Start Ups organizado por First Tuesday . Tengo el placer de ser uno de los miembros del jurado que valorará a 7 startups.
El jurado está compuesto por gente muy destacada de internet, Business Angels, y emprendedores:
Los 7 finalistas que expondrán sus proyectos son :
Algunos son ya viejos conocidos como Bubok, de Angel María y otros representan como Apadrina un Artista, modelos de negocio nuevos que llegan desde USA y Francia. ¡Veremos que sucede esta noche!
Tags: Antonio Ortiz , Antonio Santana , Apadrina un artista , axel serena , bubok , Carles Ferrer , Carlos Blanco , Didac Lee , Emilio Marquez , Eneko Knorr , Gonzalo Carod , Jose Antonio del Moral , Lluis Faus , Luis Font , luis martin cabiedes , Monazen , Noemi Gomez , Pomelo Tv , Ricard Soderberg , Roberto Saint-Malo , Rodolfo Carpintier , Roni Mascaro , Sergi Mora , Unlocked Voice , Vicente Arias , Webtool , Worthidea
Las ideas, los proyectos y los emprendedores deben darse cuenta de algo que es más importante de lo que creen; deben aprender a comunicar.
Hay varios eventos de emprendedores esta semana, uno en Sevilla (EBE) y otro en Barcelona (Foro de Start Ups). Ahora mismo escribo desde el EBE, estoy aquí tempranito, no hay mucha gente en busca de una idea ilusionante o un proyecto donde invertir. La novedad de este año es la presentación de video de los proyectos.
Hay 2 tipos de emprendedores, el que monta su proyecto y tiran para delante, y el que busca financiación y apoyo económico. Viendo las presentaciones del sábado por la mañana en el EBE las presentaciones de los emprendedores, que modera Emilio Marquez, me han venido unos pensamientos a la cabeza.
Ahora mismo estoy viendo un proyecto sobre libros colaborativos. El proyecto llamado SoapBook, puede ser una idea novedosa e incluso puede tener un buen mercado, pero creo que les falla la comunicación. Personalmente creo que es importante aprender a venderse y comunicar, sobre todo si lo que quieres es precisamente eso; “venderte” darte a conocer, captar financiación y/o interés del sector.
Es decir, lo que no puedes poner es un video a las 10.00 con música estridente cuando todo el mundo esta medio dormido un sábado por la mañana, lo que no deberías hacer es presentar un proyecto en beta privada, a no ser que invites a los asistentes, todos con su portátil delante a probarlo con una clave, lo que no puedes es decir “que tienes varios proyectos de negocio en la cabeza” es decir que no tienes ninguno claro, y finalmente lo que no puedes es desaprovechar tus 10 minutos.
Finalmente no creo que trasmita seguridad “vender un proyecto” en el cual ni siquiera tienes una sociedad montada, sino lo que tienes es una idea. Personalmente creo que viene bien curtirse en estos eventos, pero que hay que llegar más trabajado,.
10 minutos es poco y es mucho a la vez. Hay gente que logra comunicar en 10 minutos, que comunica bien, que vende y que sabe trasmitir, pero también pueden ser larguísimos e inútiles si no puedes vender tu proyecto, transmitir ilusión, proyección y seguridad. En eso fallamos mucho los emprendedores españoles.
Y creéme, es importante.
Me ha gustado más Ipoki , me había hablado de esta startup un amigo hace tiempo y aunque no le había dedicado mucho tiempo, si que me ha gustado. Recuerdo que estaba viendo un proyecto similar del que me habían mirado un Business Plan, y alguien con mucho criterio, me recomendó ver Ipoki. Tras verlo, deseché invertir en esa startup que valoraba el Business Plan.
Me cuesta un poco ver el modelo de negocio como oportunidad económica real, pero este chico tiene claro lo que está haciendo, si no se vuelve muy loco con los costes y necesita rentabilizar a día de hoy creo que es un proyecto con futuro. Creo mucho en la geolocalización, pero hay que buscarle una mayor utilidad que la de poner un mapita con donde estás en tu blog. Hay mil una aplicaciones de seguridad, de ocio y otras que vendrán en las que se puede trabajar.
Mi única pega: el hablar de expansión internacional en España en un proyecto que aun no está posicionado. Step by step my friend
El emprendedor me ha gustado, y creo que ese es un asunto critico. Le prestaré más atención a su web y lo testearé a fondo. Tiene buena pinta si se encuentra un modelo de negocio claro, y unas nuevas aplicaciones con enfoque más de economía real.
Es una herramienta de analisis, en la url www.analisisdemedios.es ¿? El nombre de Smmart me parece muy complicado, y no guarda relación con la url. Me suena algo rebuscado.
Lo enfocan como herramienta para agencias, para bloggers, una herramienta de diagnostico SEO y SEM. Lo probaré, no me parece muy interesante como modelo de negocio y startup pero si podríamos ser clientes de este tipo de servicio si es tan efectivo como lo venden. Podria ser útil como herramienta de comparación y seguimiento de competencia .
A esta empresa la conocí hace tiempo y me pareció una iniciativa interesante y con futuro. De hecho ayer precisamente conocí a Isabel Sabadí en las oficinas de Yes.fm porque estamos viendo nuestros desarrollos de Widgets para el proyecto de Yes.
La idea es poder llevar widgets y música a los blogs, y que los usuarios puedan compartir sus propias playlist, asi como ver las posibilidades de desarrollar alertas de escritorio para poder poner un player en el escritorio de los usuarios.
Isabel dice “tuvimos suerte, y para convencer de que podría funcionar, tuvimos que desarrollarlo”. Me parece muy acertado, hay que desarrollar cosas y “enseñar la patita” y por estos lares es bastante habitual “vender” proyectos y pedir dinero para comenzar sin haber desarrollado ni demostrado que eres capaz. Creo que es un punto clave, para que por ejemplo WidGadget lograra en su día su primer cliente; el Ayuntamiento de Barcelona.
Creo que Isabel conoce perfectamente su sector y su trabajo. Lo tiene claro, desarrollan soluciones de futuro, y tienen una valor añadido claro, así como clientes que respaldan sus aplicaciones.
No se ha podido ver el vídeo. Una putadilla porque se ha colgado.
Es un servicio para conocer amigos por telefono móvil. Antes era un servicio de geolocalización que no funcionaba, por lo que lo modificaron ¿?
Hoy han abierto Mobifriends la beta privada (bien hecho aprovechar el EBE para abrir y comunicar). Es complicado posicionarse en chat y dating como sectores, pero puede ser un valor añadido a empresas de dating posicionadas.
El comprador de pisos.com es Vocento , que ha desembolsado 250.000€ en una muy buena compra. Pisos.net ha sido adquirido por Anuntis, por 150.000€ a través de la plataforma de SEDO
Ambas compras parecen muy razonables para compañías editoriales online, pero lo que más interesante de este movimiento me resulta es que coincide ¿casulamente? con el cierre por parte de anuntis de el Segundamano .
¿Por qué, ha cerrado el segundamano?
En mi opinión no, en foros de internet y ciertos blogs se habla de su cierre , yo creo que debemos verlo como una evolución lógica; como el principio del baile en España de compañías del sector editorial apostando al 100% por una formula digital y más dinámica, apuesto a que son los primeros de una lista que en 2009-2010, y más con la crisis se ampliará.
No soy un catastrofista pensando que desaparecerá la edición física de publicaciones, pero si lo hará en muchos casos. El Pais, El Mundo, los diarios, las revistas de calidad del couché de moda, fotografía… siempre estarán ahí. Pero seguro que migran a modelos 100% online cientos de revistas técnicas, con ventas de 30.000 ejemplares mensuales y altos ingresos publicitarios en las que el papel no se sustenta, y de esas, en España hay cientos.
Algunas de esas editoriales, y pienso en 2 muy concretas, han empezado a migrar y se dan ya cuenta de que ellos no lo saben hacer y llevan años de desventaja y que su evolución lógica es comprar redes de blogs , con ese know how y esas publicaciones ya en marchas, a las que inyectar gasolina y poder tras una fase paralela de convivencia digital abandonar el medio físico y mirar a sus anunciantes; que es, finalmente la clave.
Ese será otro baile que ha comenzado, pese a que aun vamos a tardar meses en ver alguna operación de trascendencia en marcha.
Vía Carlos Blanco me entero de la celebración del I Foro de Startups organizado por First Tuesday , que coincidirá con la Global Entrepreneurship Week (Semana mundial de los emprendedores).
Se trata de la celebración de un evento especial en Barcelona el martes 18 de Noviembre de 2008 a las 19.00 horas en el CDLC (Pso. Maritimo 32 ). En el evento 6 emprendedores presentarán sus proyectos ante inversores. Yo estaré por alli y seré miembro del jurado que evalue las 6 presentaciones.
Para presentarse al I Foro de Startups, tienes que cumplir los siguientes requisitos:
- Empresa creada oa punto de crearse (en España)
- Ser un negocio basado en Internet o Móbile
- Tener un plan de negocio preparado para ser presentado
Para presentar tu proyecto envía un resumen ejecutivo a email@example.com
El Jurado esta compuesto por:
Sin duda es una gran oportunidad y una buena iniciativa que puede ayudar a dar conocer tu proyecto o tu empresa ante cualificados inversores. Generalmente en este tipo de encuentros salen muy buenas oportunidades de negocio para los emprendedores con proyectos serios y viables.
Más información e inscripciones en el Blog del First Tuesday
El blog de Alejandro Suarez.