Alejandro Suarez Sanchez-Ocana. TIME-sector employer since 1998, CEO of Group Publispain and the network of blogs Entertainment Networks SL, President of Inversora Foley, director and Founding Partner of Yes.fm, adviser and investor in several companies for innovation, new technologies and the Internet.
In today Frédéric Terri, Director General of Yes.fm officially picked up the prize from the hands of the Minister Miguel Sebastian in the auditorium of the Congress and Exhibition in Madrid.
Le accompany the delivery of prize Christophe Cassand, Oscar Mendez, Kiko Fuentes and myself.
The sixteen companies awarded prizes FICOD 2008, which recognize the most innovative companies in the market, were ADNStream, alt1040, Bluevista, Bubok, CMY Multimedia, ColorIURIS, Digital Legends Entertainment, Donkey Xote, Electronic Arts, Enne Entertainment Studios, Merlin, Tehrani, OrbitaMax, Tog, and Tuenti Yes.FM
We are deeply grateful both to Red.es as to the jurors, the recognition of one year and a half of work until dark to have been able to draw, with great effort, Yes.fm market 8 weeks.
Congratulations to the whole team, which is growing day by day, which makes possible the draft Yes.fm, but that is not starting.
I always did that grace in the 90 of Jasper, that of Young Although ample preparations. It seems that now call JASPI (adding the "I" undervalued). He had not ever heard; me I should be doing more.
I've been thinking months, where the hell are they?. (pardon me)
We complain a lot of little support to entrepreneurs who is in Spain and in general in the Spanish-speaking countries, but if somebody oddly, I was in this case, look for an entrepreneur to put in front of a computer, a project and a budget is not easy to find what you want.
One of our major projects to develop the project in 2009 is Madrid.net. We bought the domain for months by about 30,000 €, and I do hope this special project in the first place because I wanted to do something in my city, secondly I think We have a formula business as a transplanted franchises or opening themselves in a second phase in a few years to other major cities.
Another powerful reason is that I believe strongly in the sector of the local guides and themed markets in large high-level business, is still a big niche with great potential for exploitation on the Internet and mobile internet. We have moved "the fashion of dating," "the fashion of social networks" and handsome clearly 2 sectors, an immediate one, the music that I think will be the key sector in the coming months and will see much movement, hence our adventure with yes.fm, and the other area in my opinion will be in 2009 and especially 2010 micro content, e-commerce and advertising in local media and local guides, and we want to position ourselves Madrid.net launching in 2009.
We want our thematic portal is a social network dedicated to cultural, tourist and leisure in Madrid, with news and thematic forums targeted at people, neighborhoods, districts and even streets and focused on developments in electronic commerce, with many advertising opportunities and business. We have certain commitments plus the investment and public support for the project, which would be developed in English and Spanish, and possibly Japanese.
Some months ago I began the search for an enterprising captain for this project. The idea is to build a team around him and publishing business and find a person with a very definite profile; young, even insulting young!, Living for years in Madrid and meet the Commonwealth, which has some experience and / or commercial knowledge and marketing, including Web 2.0 and above all have a special initiative and enthusiasm in developing their own project with financial support and secured our structure.
Unfortunately I have not even given to this person, and what I wanted, trying to come up with this profile in the coming months. I'm looking for someone with much excitement; wanting to eat the world, and offer significant financial incentives as an important stake in the project, and increased as the same goals. Unfortunately not many people with such enthusiasm and initiative enough, or at least I'm not finding and even many people who appreciate, when I know more deeply, I see that what they seek is a quiet and easy life, a table and a salary to make ends meet without complicated life. A get around fast and get so quiet, smooth, without having to think and find things to the loops and without costing too much effort.
It is a pity, but really every time I see more young people looking for a job mileurista, soon to be rich without much effort, working from 9 to 15 hrs, or morning and afternoon, but smoothly, without many illusions, without compromise without complications, no demands for extra hours, that is an easy and comfortable life, and pay the mortgage off over the weekend. Few people are willing to that extra plus, that sacrifice, enthusiasm and entrepreneurial initiative that I'm looking for.
I continue my search so if you know my Jasper, be sure to recomendármelo!
I start the week making friends Because last week seemed to be celebrating ¿? The landmark ¿? 1,000,000 domains. es
Carlos Blanco, from his blog wondered if we will reach 2,000,000. Emilio Marquez commented the act of holding the chairmanship of the minister who wanted and could not-be-mayor of Madrid, Miguel Sebastian.
Most would say it irritates me to see how the people of Red.es is dedicated to holding things petty, insignificant and devoid of value, rather than solving real problems, serious and disturbing the Country TLD Spanish.
Domains. Is working superbly well for the domestic market, very well in positioning, have on many occasions typeins very reasonable, and I was able to create brand and corporate image for a project or a portal with them. That's the positive.
However, I want to say loud and clear, that as Spanish, I am ashamed of how Red.es, and the surreal things that happen in this country TLD, which is mine. The people of Red.es takes 1-year, pressured by the ministry with the goal of reaching 1,000,000 domains. Com. I personally think that there is much more important objectives that may become the. TLD is in a serious and not the country TLD banana which are at present. Among the problems to be resolved lists:
- The ridiculous position of being unable to renew for over 1 year domains, and the response that "the end of the year that will be resolved," we have heard at least 2 years. That is not only inconvenient, also generates problems for the management of large portfolios, but Red.es gives you the same. We are not customers, they are sheep and the landowners.
- The absurdity of the system of transfer of domains by filling and sending DNI and pdfs that make us think we're in the Stone Age, while the rest of domains managers operate in a more rapid current, automatic and demonstrating that no loses any kind of security function well.
- The disgraceful system of conflict resolution, with cases as alarming lupa.es, sigla.es and others that generate public alarm, helplessness and concern among users and domainers. Panelists who come to be judge and party resolutions and simply ridiculous.
- A lack of intelligence Esnic managers, who give back to the secondary market, wanting to look the other way on the recognition that perhaps 200,000 or 250,000 domains are in the hands of professional domainers, will be their first collective "clients" Yes, we are customers and do not get into his head.
- The registrars, brokers indispensable to the smooth functioning of any domain, complain that almost have to "go to battery to enter EsNic hand payments in a single bank offices. Looks like we were 10 years ago.
- The embarrassment of public appearances to which I have been able to attend the responsibility of Red.es, Jesus Garcia Tello, who has participated in the papers most unfortunate that I have ever seen a public figure showing a worrying lack of information in the First Congress Forum Domains in 2007. In the second in Cornella in 2008, showing little waistline to come accompanied by the lawyer of Red.es to "remove the brown" of the legal questions above, in an unusual and even unfriendly at a public event at which the guest is presented with his lawyer to defend itself and respond to critical questions, claiming "no information" (how can ultimately responsible plead lack of information in an event on your sector?). Incidentally, I leave aside this burning in the poor lawyer, for being a "mandao", but the barrier of nerves before the incisive questions not only failed to be understood clearly, but came to use arguments uncertain, inaccurate and distorted as rightly made him see Carlos Blanco and another assistant in the event.
I had never attended a public ridicule like this. It would be good if Alberto Dominguez, of Dinamon, raise these videos to YouTube as it did with the first edition. I am sure that many people would like to see those.
For all these reasons, I, which currently have a portfolio of premium domains, that I'm an investor and I've come to pay up to € 50,000 for any domain. Com, do not appreciate in the same proportion. Is not invest in any If the purchase. is significant to the doubts and insecurity that I created the treatment of and attitude and not expand the Esnic% of this TLD, I insist that I like, within my portfolio of domains. If you ever change that, in the same way and I am pleased I will say this.
Esnic takes almost 3 years knowledge of these problems, not solve them. For them domainers, though need them and are not a valid interlocutor, neither exist, nor need for them any attention. And while celebrating the domain 1,000,000 ... mirándose the mirror and not recognizing that after 3 years is not progressing and this is a total disaster in which curiously do not see a moderately skilled head to put things in order.
Happy 1,000,000 domains. Arrive at the million and a half and possibly everything will be just as chaotic.
Alejandro Suarez's blog.